Please find Book, Periodical and Academic Journal publications below. To view work click titles for active links
A History of Hair (Pengiun (Allen Lane); forthcoming 2018)
Ideas of the Cosmopolitan (NYU Press; forthcoming 2017).
· CHAPTER: "The Pitfalls and Promises of Afropolitanism"
“This is a remarkable book. It is brilliantly messy, complex and compelling, just like the diversity of global musical life it celebrates and interrogates in fact.” Tony Herrington, Editor-in-Chief & Publisher, The Wire
- "I'm Irish but I'm not white. Why is that still a problem as we celebrate the Easter Rising?"
- “Its dismally apparent that some black lives matter more than others”
- “Is it time to ditch the term ‘black Asian and minority ethnic’ (BAME)”
- “I actually have a white mother but I can never identify as white”
(Print only 23rd June)
The New Statesman
- “Why is there such a culture of misinformation surrounding the case of Nigeria’s kidnapped girls?”
- "The Politics of Black Hair"
Africa is a Country
- "Who Stole All the Black Women from Britain?"
- "Afrofuturism: An invitation to dance, or a provocation to insurgency?"
The Journal of African Cultural Studies
- "Why I am (still) not an Afropolitan", 28.1,first issue of 2016
- "Migrations Journeys into British Art."
The Journal of Writing in Creative Practice